Ad Blocker Detected
Disable your ad blocker to view this page
National council for higher education (NCHE) has mandate to harmonize student selection into public higher education institutions in Malawi. The National Council for Higher Education is currently welcoming applications from suitably qualified candidates for selection into undergraduate programs for the 2018/2019 academic year provided by Public Universities. NCHE 2017/2018 application form download HERE
Public Universities are:
- Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR)
- Malawi University of Science and Technology (MUST)
- Mzuzu University (MZUNI)
- University of Malawi (UNIMA)
Read: Universities in Malawi
- Prospect candidates who completed the MSCE, IGCSE or O level equivalent in the previous three years (2017, 2016, 2015,)
- Candidates with an Advanced Subsidiary (AS) certificate or a National Senior Certificate (NSC) obtained in the past three years
- Prospect candidates who finished the Advanced Level, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A Level equivalent in the past three years
Basic requirements for undergraduate students
- Prospects candidates need to have at least six credit passes including English Language at MSCE, IGCSE, O levels or their equivalent.
- Candidates who failed to satisfy the entry needs in the last two years but who have since enhanced their grades after re-sitting up to four subjects may use the supplementary statements for purposes of accumulating credits.
- Prospect candidates with A-level qualifications must have a minimum of three principal passes with an aggregate of at least 9 points. For purposes of selection, A-level grades are interpreted as follows: A*=6, A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1.
- Candidates with an International Baccalaureate must have a minimum of 30 points.
- Candidates must also meet the specific University/Faculty/School requirements specified on the application form.
Who is not allowed to Apply
- Applicants who were formally withdrawn on academic grounds from any public university in Malawi shall not be permitted to apply for admission.
Application forms can be downloaded from the NCHE website. Or they can be physically collected from the following offices:
- The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE), NCHE House, Area 47 Sector 2, Next to Chitukuko Petroda Filling Station.
- From all Public Universities in Malawi
- District Assembly Offices.
- All District Education Managers Offices (DEMOs).
- Eligible applicants are required to deposit an application fee of K10, 000 for Malawians and $30.00 for international applicants.
- Application fees are non-refundable
NCHE 2017/2018 application form download HERE